Nursing Personnel are proud to be a sponsor of this evening’s RCNi Nursing Awards 2016.
Good luck to all nominees and we hope you have a fabulous evening.
Formerly known as Nursing Standard Nurse Awards, the annual RCNi Nurse Awards celebrates nurse innovators.
More details and latest news about the awards »
You can find the shortlist for each award here »
This is the official Twitter channel, updated with the latest news »
Here you can read what others are saying about the awards »
If you have any questions, you can call us anytime on 0845 122 0414.
To book shifts or rearrange interviews, you can use
our smartphone App:
Android Smartphones App Download »
iOS / Apple Smartphones App Download »
or our Portal »
RCNi Nurse Awards: Nurse of the Year 2016 winner | RCNi:
- Venetia Wynter-Blyth has been named as RCN nurse of the year 2016 for her holistic approach to getting patients both physically and psychologically fit for surgery.
The full list of winners is:
- Andrew Parker Student Nurse Award (sponsored by RCN) – Learning Disability Awareness Network, University of the West of Scotland and Edinburgh Napier University
- Bank Nurse Award (sponsored by NHS Professionals) – The Cardiovascular Health Check Team, West Berkshire Council/Bracknell Forest Council
- Cancer Nursing Award (sponsored by Macmillan Cancer Support) – Aylsford Unit Nursing Team, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Child Health (sponsored by Nursing Children and Young People) – Ruth Butler for Health Matters
- Community Nursing Award (sponsored by Superdrug) – Deep Vein Thrombosis Specialist Team, SEQOL Specialist Treatment Centre
- Excellence in Cancer Research Award (sponsored by Cancer Research UK) – Bone Cancer Research Trust PoPP Study Team
- Innovations in Your Specialty Award (sponsored by LV=) – PREPARE for surgery programme, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Leadership Award (sponsored by NHS England) – Virgin Care Community Nursing Team
- Learning Disability Nursing Award (sponsored by Cambian) – The Health Equalities Framework
- Mental Health Practice Award (sponsored by Mental Health Practice) – Practice Development Team, Black Country Partnership
- Nursing Older People Award (sponsored by Hallmark Care Homes) – Geraldine Rodgers, nurse consultant for frailty and long-term conditions NELFT NHS Foundation Trust
- RCN Healthcare Assistant Award – Steven Evans-Jones, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- The Supporting Carers Award – Angela McDonald, bereavement trainer for children and families, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- The Patient’s Choice Award (sponsored by Yakult and LBC) – Kelly Stackhouse, lead bowel function clinical nurse specialist, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust