Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurses North Tees - Ref No:
||Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurses North Tees
||North Tees Trust
||RMN / CPN
Nursing Personnel are recruiting a number of senior community psychiatric nurses to work in the North Tees area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and maintains safety, privacy and dignity of all patients in the delivery of patient centred care, recognising and respecting differences including spiritual and cultural beliefs
- Takes steps to obtain patient consent to care and treatment in accordance with the Mental Capacity Act, ensuring that patients who lack mental capacity remain at the centre of decision-making and are fully safeguarded.
- Acts, wherever applicable, in accordance with the Mental Health Act and associated policies and procedures.
- Responsible for recognising the potential for or signs of patient harm, abuse or neglect, including poor clinical practice, reporting all such concerns and taking all reasonable steps to protect the patient. Responsible for identifying and reporting concerns regarding the safeguarding of children who may be at risk.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest professional standards and attitudes towards the care of patients are maintained at all times and that care is delivered in accordance with evidence based practice by all members of the team. Patients have a range of mental health conditions, may demonstrate behaviours that challenge and may have difficult family situations of relevance.
- Provides clinical advice on complex issues to other members of the clinical team and staff from other disciplines.
- Responsible for the initial assessment of new patients on a rota basis.
- Has responsibility for own caseload of complex patients and takes responsibility as lead professional or care co-ordinator as appropriate.
- Assesses patients including those with complex needs and develops, implements and evaluates intervention plans as part of the multi-disciplinary team, with the involvement of the patient and where appropriate, their carer.
- Ensures intervention plans are based on current risk assessment, evidence based practice, critical thinking and whole system support requirements that take account of relevant physical, social, cultural, psychological, spiritual, genetic and environmental factors.
Candidatess will have to undertake or provide:
- DBS Clearance
- Basic Life Support and Mandatory Training Certificates
- Occupational Health and Health Clearance Certificates
- Right to work in the UK
- UK NMC Pin Number and Statement of Entry
Immediate start and work around your availability.